Thursday, April 12, 2012

What I've learned...

So I've been working on this social media blog for almost two months now and I feel like I've learned a lot about social media. Before taking the Social Media course at MTSU, I just thought of social media as using Facebook and twitter. However, over the past month and a half I've learned that it's more than Facebook and twitter. There are many other social media networks out there to use such as linkedin, google+, and many others.

I've learned about the importance of social media communication, sites such as mashable, delicious, about.me, klout, pinterest, etc. I've also learned about what to do and what not to do while networking, I've learned how to be a better listener on twitter. I'm very thankful for the amount of information I've learned over the past month or so.

My social network has also grown, specifically on twitter. Since tweeting about things I care about, such as the fight against human trafficking, other advocates have started following me and I've learned a lot more about human trafficking going on locally. I've connected with some great organizations such as One Less Ministries, End Slavery TN, and Wellspring Advocate.

I do aspire to be a better blogger.  I do not always have a lot of time to write my posts because of how busy my life is. I do like learning more about social media topics, trends, and new concepts. I hope to continue to learn more about social media after this course is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment