Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pinterest

Mashable defines pinterest as a "pinboard-styled social photo sharing website. The service allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections. The site's mission statement is to "connect everyone in the world through the 'things' they find interesting".

Urban Dictiionary defines pinterest as "a social networking site that allows you to figuratively "pin" pictures of your likes/interests in a simple, organized fashion".

Many entrepreneurs and businesses use pinterest to post photos of their new merchandise. For instance, take the home section on pinterest. Martha Stewarts stuff is all over pinterest and when one person pins something they like their friends will see what they pinned. It is basically a never ending cycle of networking.

My current boards on pinterest are house ideas, food, DIY yourself ideas, and random stuff. I really like pinterest because I see good do it yourself ideas and I can repin them and put them on my board and they are there when I feel "crafty".

I've also started a new board of Traveling stuff! I'm going to Thailand for six weeks this summer and hope to move there when I graduate in December! Check out my Traveling Board!

No comments:

Post a Comment