Thursday, March 29, 2012

Twitter ~ Quantity vs. Quality

What's more important: quantity or quality of twitter followers? I think Mike Ellsworth explains this answer right one the spot.

 According to Mike, "Twitter is a bit of a numbers game. More followers is often better if you want to get your message out. But in reality, you want your message to go to those ready to receive it. So quality is important. A large number of quality followers is the best possible outcome. You really don't even need more than a few hundred followers if they a) pay attention b) have large followings and c) will ReTweet you. In fact I have two followers who each have networks greater than 20,000 followers. And they'll retweet everything I send them”.
Tweet you later (@MikeEllsworth

I only choose brands and people I am interested in knowing their day to day activities and announcements.  My top five professional "tweeps" are the following: 
@ONELessMin
@EndSlaveryTN
@Lifept
@invisible
@smcorco
Most of these the organizations twitter accounts but I follow their leaders closely as well. These are the tweeps that I always want to know what they're saying because I'm invested in their organizations. 

Since learning more about twitter and how to use it effectively, I've gained about 50 followers. I would say out of those 50 I am actively engaging in conversations with 20 of them on a bi-weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment