Tuesday, March 13, 2012

FACEBOOK


            In the past I used facebook for personal things only. I used it to connect with friends I had not seen in a long time or friends I had met abroad. I travel a lot and facebook was a great way to keep in touch with people when I returned home. It was a great tool for just that.
            However, within the past year I have used it a lot more for work. I currently work at LifePoint Church as their Sending (missions) intern. I use my facebook to get information out there about upcoming trips people can sign up for. Being the sending intern I am leading our student internship process. We are sending nine college students to Bangkok, Thailand and three college students to Sao Paulo, Brazil this summer. I now use facebook as the main form of communication with those twelve interns. Since they are all on facebook already, it has worked great to get information to them quickly.
            Being the sending intern I also manage the LifePoint Sending facebook page. I update this on a weekly basis with information about sending and how to pray for people and how to get involved locally and globally. I think facebook is a great source of social media to help me accomplish the things I need to at this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment